YOGA THERAPY AMSTERDAM
- Does your life feel overloaded, stressed, as if you are in constant over-drive?
- Do you feel tired, worried, burnt out? Is your sleep restless or disturbed?
- Do you sometimes wish that doctors considered the whole picture and not just a specific concern in isolation?
- Have attempts to relieve concerns such as lower back pain or joint issues met with modest or little success?
If so, yoga therapy might be very beneficial. Long-term stress is the cause of almost all chronic diseases. As a result, more and more people are looking for a remedy to reduce stress, and help prevent or ease illness. Many also seek help for coping with pain or discomfort associated with a disability.
In yoga therapy, techniques are adapted to meet your personal needs. A licensed yoga therapy instructor respects you as a whole person and sees beyond your illness or limitations. Your lifestyle, respiratory system, nutrition, sleep patterns and energy level are also taken into account.
As a yoga therapist, I am medically trained. I am also certified. I have a thorough knowledge of anatomy and the functioning of the human body. I am versed in syndromes and the patterns of symptoms.
How does it work?
We start with an extensive intake, in which we discuss your (medical) history, wishes and motivation. I assess your posture, movement and breathing. After this introduction I will give you an indication of the number of sessions needed. Together, we evaluate your progress. Each session is 90 minutes. If beneficial, there will be exercises to practice at home.
IS YOGA THERAPY SOMETHING FOR YOU?
Yoga therapy doesn’t have to be a lengthy process, if you are ready to do the work. Yoga therapy isn’t a quick fix, but rather a way to return to your own path that leads to recovery, healing, and harmony.
WHAT CAN YOGA THERAPY HELP?
- Areas of mental stress: anxiety, worries, panic attacks, phobias, mental fatigue
- Joint disorders
- Hormone-related complaints (e.g., menopause)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (ME)
- Migraine or tension headaches
- Cardiovascular: high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, recovery from heart surgery
- Neurological disorders: e.g., Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- Respiratory disorders: Asthma, COPD, hyperventilation
- Immune system: allergies, autoimmune diseases, cancer
- Digestive complaints: IBS, food intolerances, gastrointestinal complaints
- Excess weight
- Chronic pain
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
The rate of a comprehensive intake is € 115, -. A follow-up lesson costs € 85, -. In addition, there are affordable packages available of three, six or ten lessons. Prices include 21% VAT.